As a part of the CommonSpirit Health ministry, CHI St. Vincent is focused on supporting your health and well-being. And, now more than ever, we know balancing work while caring for your loved ones is especially challenging. That’s why we are excited to share that we are partnering with Care@Work by Care.com to launch family care benefits.
Whether you are working at one of our care sites or from home, these new care benefits can help with tutoring and distance learning for your children, child care while you’re at work, after-school care, care for aging parents, pet care and so much more.
How the Program Works
All full-time, part-time and per diem employees will have access to:
- Care.com Premium Membership: Unlimited 24/7 access to Care.com to search for or recruit local caregivers, including nannies, babysitters, tutors, distance learning helpers, adult caregivers, pet walkers or sitters, house cleaners and more. Employees can also find other local families to partner with for nanny shares and learning pods.
- Backup Care:
- Care for Children: Access to in-home or in-center vetted and subsidized Backup Care for Children is available when your regular care provider is not available. You may use Backup Care for Children for school or day care closures, last-minute sitter cancellations, a need for someone to help with distance learning and more.
- Care for Adults: Access to in-home Backup Care for Adults is available for rides to doctor appointments, recovery from surgery, meal prep, care for when regular adult care isn’t available and more. Whether you need an extra hand for yourself or for a parent across the country, Backup Care for Adults can help.
- Available 10 Days per Year: Backup Care is available 10 days/year to use for either children or adults.
- Costs: Co-pays for Backup Care only are:
- $5/day for in-home child or adult care
- $10/child/day for in-center child care
- Care Credits: CommonSpirit employees will have five $50 Care Credits to use toward care that is found – and paid for – on Care.com. Credits can be used toward child care, adult care, pet care, house care and more. All remaining costs, after applying the Care Credits, are the responsibility of the employee.
Click here to learn more or to sign up. When signing up, you will use a facility code combined with your employee identification number. A reference sheet is included on the Care@Work enrollment page so it’s easy to obtain the needed code.
Download the Care@Work mobile app (available on the Apple and Google Play app stores) to quickly request Backup Care.
Fact sheets about our Care@Work family care programs are available on EmployeeCentral.
If you have any questions, the please contact your Human Resources Business Partner to learn more about these essential benefits from Care.com.