Your Opinion Matters!
Our annual, Performance Culture Assessment (PCA) Survey is coming up.
On April 25, you will receive an email from HealthStream with a link to complete the survey by May 9. Look for more communications over the coming weeks, and be ready to share your thoughts and opinions about what is working well here and what we could improve.
Last year you asked for changes in staffing to improve beside care. There are plans to hire 100 patient care technicians. Recently, seven nurses have been hired. Recruitment continues with the help of a newly hired recruitment team. You also asked for new equipment, facility upgrades and replacement of signs to reflect the new logo.
Check out some more improvements we’ve made based on your responses.
STAFFING FOR IMPROVED BEDSIDE CARE
- Hired Yuba Acharya, MD Cardiologist
- Recruited two new Critical Care physicians for Summer 2016
- Partnering with physicians in recruiting nurses
- Hired six RNs in January and 12 in February 2016
- Hired firm to fill vacant RN and PCT positions
- Approved additional patient care tech (PCT) positions
- Made nurse and scrub tech pay adjustments
- Implemented use of Travel nurses
- Increased weekend, night, holiday differentials, pool plus pay
- Implemented Tuition/Certification Reimbursement
- Split MICU and SICU based on nurse competency
- Opened 5W Step-down to reduce ICU volume
- Invested $18 million in Joint Venture with HealthSouth for 28-40 beds for Rehab patients
- Daily bed tracking involving, nursing, case management, rehab and LTAC
- Opened West Imaging Center to relieve volume at Infirmary to improve patient and physician experience
- Hiring med-techs in ED for med-rec.
- Recruited physicians in OB/GYN, Hospitalists, Neuro Hospitalist and ED
- Hired New Nurse Leaders in ED, Ortho/Spine, Trauma, Behavioral Health and MICU/SICU
NEW EQUIPMENT, FACILITY UPGRADES AND REPLACING SIGNS WITH NEW LOGO
- Installed new signage in line with CHI standards to identify us to physicians, the community, co-workers and patients
- Operative microscope
- OR lights
- Hospital Mattresses
- Difficult Airway Scopes
- 2 CT Scanners
- Combo Cath/IR lab
- Remodel of Mother Baby Unit
- Implemented Capital purchase plan for the future